Retail Sales Specialist (Maverick Fine Western Wear)
We are looking for a skilled sales associate to join our sales team! The ideal candidate will have an enthusiastic personality and a strong orientation with customer service/sales.
- Greet and wait on all customers who enter the store.
- Engage customers, ask probing questions, give intriguing demonstrations, add-on merchandise to sales, and successfully close sales.
- Know and share information about the store and any current promotions/events. Demonstrate this knowledge by accurately communicating promotions/events, hours of operation and store information to our guests.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of product knowledge, as well as trends and developments within the western retail industry.
- Build, maintain, and work customer account directory with a systematic customer contact program by telephone, direct mail, and direct contact.
- Call customers when out-of-stock or special order items are received.
- Operate a standard point of sale system.
- Clean and shape hats. Take measurements for custom hats and submit special orders.
- Take measurements for custom boots and submit special orders.
- Demonstrate commitment to making a conscientious effort to eliminate or reduce the risk of injury to our customers and personnel, damage or loss of our property, or the property of others.
- Know the correct action to take in the event of an emergency, and demonstrate this knowledge by acting appropriately in the event of an emergency.
- Keep store area re-stocked, sized, neat, and clean.
- Attend mandatory monthly store meetings.
- Assume other responsibilities as asked by the store sales managers.
- Must be customer-centric.
- Must have a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to climb a flight of stairs on a regular basis, and two flights of stairs on an occasional basis.
- Ability to use a safety ladder/step-stool to remove and replace items hanging on walls or high shelves.
- Ability to use a tool to retrieve hat boxes from high shelves.
- Ability to climb in and out of window displays to retrieve and replace merchandise.
- Ability to perform typical household duties such as, but not limited to: dusting, vacuuming, sweeping and cleaning.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
The General Store and Trading Post, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time or Part-time
All employees and customers are required to wear masks to enter and remain in the store. 6-foot social distance markings are located throughout the store. Temperature screenings are required for employees, and surfaces are being frequently sanitized.