Retail Sales Specialist (Maverick Fine Western Wear)
Come socially distance with us, in style!
Want a safe, fast-paced and fun work environment? Here’s your chance.
We are looking for a skilled Retail Sales Specialist to join our sales team during the upcoming National Finals Rodeo and beyond! The ideal candidate will have an enthusiastic personality and a strong orientation with customer service/sales.
All employees and customers are required to wear masks to enter and remain in the store. 6-foot social distance markings are located throughout the store and plexiglass shields have been placed at the cash registers. Temperature screenings are required for employees, and surfaces are being frequently sanitized.
- Greet and wait on all customers who enter the store.
- Engage customers, ask probing questions, give intriguing demonstrations, add-on merchandise to sales, and successfully close sales.
- Know and share information about the store and any current promotions/events. Demonstrate this knowledge by accurately communicating promotions/events, hours of operation and store information to our guests.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of product knowledge, as well as trends and developments within the western retail industry.
- Build, maintain, and work customer account directory with a systematic customer contact program by telephone, direct mail, and direct contact.
- Call customers when out-of-stock or special order items are received.
- Operate a standard point of sale system.
- Clean and shape hats. Take measurements for custom hats and submit special orders.
- Take measurements for custom boots and submit special orders.
- Demonstrate commitment to making a conscientious effort to eliminate or reduce the risk of injury to our customers and personnel, damage or loss of our property, or the property of others.
- Know the correct action to take in the event of an emergency, and demonstrate this knowledge by acting appropriately in the event of an emergency.
- Keep store area re-stocked, sized, neat, and clean.
- Attend mandatory monthly store meetings.
- Assume other responsibilities as asked by the store sales managers.
- Must be customer-centric.
- Must have a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to climb a flight of stairs on a regular basis, and two flights of stairs on an occasional basis.
- Ability to use a safety ladder/step-stool to remove and replace items hanging on walls or high shelves.
- Ability to use a tool to retrieve hat boxes from high shelves.
- Ability to climb in and out of window displays to retrieve and replace merchandise.
- Ability to perform typical household duties such as, but not limited to: dusting, vacuuming, sweeping and cleaning.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
The General Store and Trading Post, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time or Part-time